Sunday, August 10, 2014

One of My Proudest Days!!!

We had a doctor appointment on Monday, July 28th.  For the first time, my urine had elevated protein in it and my blood pressure was a tad high.  My bp was checked about three more times and was normal.  My doctor had recommended we induce on Wednesday and we had the date scheduled already.  So when those two things happened on Monday, she suggested I go ahead and go to the hospital and we induce on Tuesday!!  I was cool with that because we had Texans Training Camp tickets for Wednesday!!  David was the one who had suggested the Wednesday induction date - forgetting it was camp day - but he was cool with missing camp!  Anyway - the four of us headed to the hospital and prepared for their sweet baby boy to arrive!!!

It was somewhat of a long night - Kimberly came by a while - David went home to get a few more things for the night - and we tried to sleep as much as we could.  I had to pee every thirty minutes or so, so it was not too comfortable.

The next day we began the induction and I was finally at a ten late afternoon.  We pushed for nearly an hour and the baby wasn't coming, so the doctor made the decision to go ahead and do a c-section - boo!  She didn't want to take any chances hurting me or the baby - yay!  I could only have one person in the room with me, so after careful thought I chose the babys mother.  David was a little upset (he was worried about me and I fell in love him all over again because I knew he was truly concerned), Kimberly was upset (this wasn't the picture moment and fun, easy time with lots of smiles we had planned).  Surgery is never an easy thing!  I knew recovery would be harder and longer.  Since I was starting a new job and had tons to do, I was a little bummed.  But the fact is that it was out of my hands - so I just went with the flow!  I wanted the mom to be in with me so she could see her baby be born and if there was any decision that needed to be made concerning the baby, she would be able to make it.  If it was my child, I wouldn't want to miss such a huge moment - so there's no way I would have chosen anyone else!  My cousin Christa had had a c-section a couple of weeks before me and made complete sense when she said she had her plan, but God has a way of showing us that His plan is what we go with and He is ultimately in control.

Thank God all worked out and a beautiful baby boy was born Tuesday!!!  He is absolutely beautiful and perfect (I know what ya'll are thinking -  it's shocking that he's not mine, because that totally describes me!!!  I think so too - lol - just kidding!!!) 

I got out of the hospital that Friday - I had lots of calls, texts, and visitors all week - IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL TIME!!! I truly wish I could play that week back again and again and again!  I never cried having the baby or when the parents got the baby or anything - that was so awesome!!!!  However, I did get sad over the weekend when I was home - I missed all the fun times I had all week :(  .  Kimberly and I had a fun night on Thursday relaxing and having time alone.  David and I had a romantic dinner Wednesday night.  My mom came daily to check on me and visit.  Many friends and family came - bringing me food, snacks, and clothes - too many to mention!  We all had great conversations.  I had the best nurses ever!!!  We were able to visit the baby and he visited us with his parents - we got to hold him often and take pix with him and his parents - all was so great!!  I had dreamed many times over the past several months of how awesome it would be to see him with his parents - and it was exactly as I thought it would be - amazing!!!  Then the real world was here again - WACK!!!  LOL 

Many people have asked if we would all keep in touch - and the answer is YES!!!   We had discussed this several times during the previous months.  I don't want to be all up in their business and overstep my boundaries.  His parents have texted me and sent me videos and pictures of his cute self!!!  We are planning a trip in several weeks to visit them and see how much he has grown.  (out of courtesy to them I am not revealing his name, weight, etc. because that is private and he is NOT my baby and it's not my job or business to do that - my job was to make sure I did what I could to make sure he had a healthy home for 9 months and I did that!)

I can't believe this journey is over - it's so crazy that we had to go through so many steps and I was finally pregnant!   Then the 9 months flew by :(   I could not ask for a better experience - it was all I imagined and more! 

I have met some great people through this journey - my friends and family gave her a huge shower at my mom's house - it was great!!!  I am so glad everyone got to meet her and she got to meet them!  So many people have shared that they have struggled having children, have adopted, etc.  I am so humbled that people think what I did was so cool - I think so too!!  

I appreciate everyones prayers and support - especially my awesome husband David - who many times was more excited than I was - I love that man so much - even more now!  I couldn't have done this without Kimberly's support - she has been my cheerleader from the get go when I first mentioned it!  She is the best daughter anyone could ever dream of!!  Lil' David was also very patient with me over the past months - he held the baby and then tweeted "I love this little baby".  Precious!!!  My mom and stepdad were also huge support - I love them!!! 

Many people have asked if I'd do this again.  I'm not sure.  If this particular couple asked me I'd say yes in a heartbeat!  They were the best.  You have to wait a while to do it again.  Most people do it more than once.  I am getting older, not sure David would be on board (but I bet he would), I need to lose some weight, etc.  But one thing I've learned as I get older - we can't always predict what will happen - I am learning to leave things in God's hands!  When you do that - you can't go wrong!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment